Forum: Ruby Survey Invitation : Ruby + GUI

669b7046f02e5dfc4bda4421f1069731?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Fenton (Guest)
Everyone's invited to take part in a short survey on using Ruby for GUI
programming; I'd be grateful for 5 or 10 minutes of your time at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=o2UwH3KcrOyL...

Even if you never do GUI programming in Ruby, please take a minute to
respond, as it's interesting to know why people aren't using Ruby for
this as well as why people are. Non-GUI programmers get a very quick
version of the survey.

The survey should take no more than 5-10 minutes to complete. That's
unless you have a lot of things you want to get off your chest in the
comment boxes - which you're welcome to do too.

All the answers are anonymous. The survey will run for two weeks, after
which the results will be posted on the web, with a notice here. The
anonymised raw data will also be made available to those who are
interested.

The background to this is that there are sporadic threads on GUI
programming on this group, but little overall picture of Ruby GUI usage
emerges. New options for GUI development have emerged in recent year.
I'm interested to know who's doing what, and how Ruby could be a better
language for these kind of applications.

Thank you to Rubyists who commented on earlier drafts of the survey.
Please feel free to forward the survey link to relevant mailing lists
etc.

Thanks for your support.

alex
34a7615f38496a5dafbb3e6b721c435e?d=identicon&s=25 Mohit Sindhwani (Guest)
Alex Fenton wrote:
> Thank you to Rubyists who commented on earlier drafts of the survey.
> Please feel free to forward the survey link to relevant mailing lists
> etc.
>
> Thanks for your support.

Done - it's a nice list of questions you have there!

Cheers,
Mohit.
11/20/2008 | 11:12 AM.
Fd22ee3cfc7dac283ce8e451af324f7d?d=identicon&s=25 Chad Perrin (Guest)
On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 07:41:17AM +0900, Alex Fenton wrote:
> Everyone's invited to take part in a short survey on using Ruby for GUI
> programming; I'd be grateful for 5 or 10 minutes of your time at:
>
> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=o2UwH3KcrOyL...

Pretty good survey, in my opinion.  Relatively simple and painless.  I
didn't see any assumptions or biases really built into the survey, from
my brief experience with it.

At the end, it says to click "next" to finish the survey, but the
relevant button is actually labeled "done".
76caedd87445c17860358841ae0de620?d=identicon&s=25 Lars Christensen (Guest)
On Nov 19 2008, 11:43 pm, Alex Fenton <a...@deleteme.pressure.to>
wrote:

> Everyone's invited to take part in a short survey on using Ruby for GUI
> programming [...]
>
> Thesurveywill run for two weeks, after
> which the results will be posted on the web, with a notice here. The
> anonymised raw data will also be made available to those who are interested.

Were the results ever published?
59193d8082ee0fe75675d3bb376cf2ba?d=identicon&s=25 Pierre Pierre (pierre_p)
on 2009-01-14 09:48
Lars Christensen wrote:
> Were the results ever published?

I was wondering the same thing yesterday ;-)
Lars Christensen wrote:
> Were the results ever published?
Sorry, I got caught up in other work and haven't finished writing up the
results. I'll publish at least the main findings and raw numbers within
a week.

cheers
alex