Forum: Ruby on Rails how to make an image grow and make everything else dark until you click close

10da297eedcca67860268ec3490f6f06?d=identicon&s=25 dino d. (Guest)
Anyone know an easy way to do this?  I have some web links in my app
with pictures, and I'd like to implement that effect that I've seen a
lot where when the user clicks on the image, it sort of grows and the
rest of the page becomes dark until the user clicks close (or clicks
the picture).  Is there an easy rails plugin for this?

thanks,
dino
B09a3f6cdc4797532647d2d264b5df49?d=identicon&s=25 Jodi Showers (jshow)
Hey Dino -
On 18-Nov-08, at 1:29 PM, dino d. wrote:

> Anyone know an easy way to do this?  I have some web links in my app
> with pictures, and I'd like to implement that effect that I've seen a
> lot where when the user clicks on the image, it sort of grows and the
> rest of the page becomes dark until the user clicks close (or clicks
> the picture).  Is there an easy rails plugin for this?
>
> thanks,
> dino

The effect is called a lightbox.

we use lightbox2 at HomeStars

http://huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/

Jodi
10da297eedcca67860268ec3490f6f06?d=identicon&s=25 dino d. (Guest)
Thanks, works great!

Dino