Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails 2.2rc2: ArgumentError - Anonymous modules have no name to be referenced by...

9df8f9dbe504e069fa70c1e2d19a18df?d=identicon&s=25 jacques (Guest)
If you convert your Rails 2.1 app to Rails 2.2RC2, you'll see this
fancy error message as soon as you start script server:

---
ArgumentError "Anonymous modules have no name to be referenced by"
---

Stack trace will lead you to dependencies.rb:572

Solution:
Rename your application.rb to application_controller.rb

All will be well after that. Though a friendlier error message would
be very nice. I imagine a majority of Rails developers will run into
this problem.

Hope this helps...
A05834e9b5954947eb0ba3b570c47d5e?d=identicon&s=25 Pratik Naik (pratik)
This SHOULD not happen for 2.2 RC2 because 2.2 already has a separate
branch. And renaming application.rb -> application_controller.rb is an
edge only change.

--
Cheers!
- Pratik