Forum: GNU Radio Updated 802.11b code

D9b2772a9387f5dbe010dbc0c3a93f8d?d=identicon&s=25 Douglas Geiger (Guest)
I've finally gotten back around to messing with the 802.11b code - and
getting it working with hier_block2.  I seem to have gotten stuck with
an error regarding insufficient output ports, and I've forgotten how I
tracked down the source of this error before.  So I'm attaching my
current code, along with the error in hopes that someone can point me in
the right direction:
The error:
sudo ./bbn_80211b_rx.py -f 2412e6 -d 4 -b -v
Bits Per Encoded Sample = 8
adc frequency =  64000000
decimation frequency =  4
input_rate =  16000000
gain =  45.0
desired freq =  2412000000.0
Samples per data bit =  8
CRC Check is  True
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./bbn_80211b_rx.py", line 182, in <module>
    main ()
  File "./bbn_80211b_rx.py", line 178, in main
    app.start()
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/top_block.py", line
45, in start
    self._tb.start()
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_py_runtime.py",
line 1461, in start
    return _gnuradio_swig_py_runtime.gr_top_block_sptr_start(*args)
RuntimeError: bbn_dpsk_demod_cb(5): insufficient connected output ports
(1 needed, 0 connected)

My version of bbn_80211b.py is attached, and it uses the UofUtah/SPAN
firmware to do the despreading in the FPGA (bbn_80211b_rx.py is
essentially unchanged except to use hier_block2 and gr.topblock).

Any help is appreciated,
  Doug

--
Doug Geiger
Research Assistant
Douglas Geiger wrote:
> I've finally gotten back around to messing with the 802.11b code - and
> getting it working with hier_block2.  I seem to have gotten stuck with
> an error regarding insufficient output ports, and I've forgotten how I
> tracked down the source of this error before.  So I'm attaching my
> current code, along with the error in hopes that someone can point me in
> the right direction:

Hi all,

Side note, but I added the BBN code to CGRAN if people want to register
accounts and update the code in a shared repository there.  The changes
can then be pushed in to the GNU Radio repository if the powers to be
want the code merged in there.

- George