Forum: Ruby on Rails html <frame> tag not work

669c735cf55efa005140fa232b05c4f6?d=identicon&s=25 daociyiyou (Guest)
I want to make a view containing the <frameset><frame> tag to let the
part to accommodate enough info.But the rails  does not support the
tag.So how do i get a element that has a scroll bar?
 Thank you.
A82ba1167f4d4a8d1de63820e576a87f?d=identicon&s=25 Robby Russell (Guest)
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 7:48 AM, daociyiyou <cheyu22@yahoo.com.cn>
wrote:

>  I want to make a view containing the <frameset><frame> tag to let the
> part to accommodate enough info.But the rails  does not support the
> tag.So how do i get a element that has a scroll bar?
>  Thank you.

The first and obvious question is... why?!  Frames should only be used
if you're including another page. Otherwise, not sure why you'd need
to do that.

RHTML files allow you to use any standard html code you want. Rails
doesn't provide this as a helper because it's hardly used anymore.

Robby

--
Robby Russell
Chief Evangelist, Partner