Forum: Ruby Updating rubygems to 1.3

328f0bb678423fcea01ebe3b0edc74e6?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Johnson (benjohnson)
on 2008-11-17 04:58
I am on a macbook pro. I need to install rubygems to 1.3 to update merb,
I'd like to let the system update itself since it was installed with the
system, but when I run:

sudo gem update --sytem

nothing updates. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.
4d5b5dd4e263d780a5dfe7ac8b8ac98c?d=identicon&s=25 Tim Pease (Guest)
On Nov 16, 2008, at 8:55 PM, Ben Johnson wrote:

> I am on a macbook pro. I need to install rubygems to 1.3 to update
> merb,
> I'd like to let the system update itself since it was installed with
> the
> system, but when I run:
>
> sudo gem update --sytem
>
> nothing updates. Am I missing something?

sudo gem install rubygems-update

sudo gem update --system

That should do the trick.

Blessings,