Forum: RSpec Examples using cucumber, celerity, rspec

Cb834b3de6132d60fa43fa8a6284b3dd?d=identicon&s=25 Alvin Schur (Guest)
I created some simple examples using cucumber, celerity, and rspec to
verify
the behaviour of a web application.

The examples include:

  * verifying javascript ran on page load
  * verifying results of AJAX calls
  * responding to alerts and confirm dialog boxes
  * accessing iframes

The examples are located at:
http://github.com/alvinschur/celerity-examples/tree/master

Many thanks to core team for the great tools.  Thanks to Ashley Moran
for
the slides and code using celerity, rspec, and cucumber.

http://aviewfromafar.net/2008/10/2/geekup-sheffiel...

Feedback and improvements are welcome.

Alvin.
2ce9c0106b5851b2294ba5eb9f5c04bd?d=identicon&s=25 Ashley Moran (Guest)
On Nov 17, 2008, at 1:00 am, Alvin Schur wrote:

> The examples are located at: http://github.com/alvinschur/celerity-examples/tree/master
>

> Many thanks to core team for the great tools.  Thanks to Ashley
> Moran for the slides and code using celerity, rspec, and cucumber.
>
> http://aviewfromafar.net/2008/10/2/geekup-sheffiel...
>

> Feedback and improvements are welcome.

Hi Alvin

That looks like the start of a useful reference!  I've started - and
as soon as I get work back under control, I'll continue with - a
series called Adventures in MerBDDland[1].  That will focus on
speccing Merb + Dojo with Cucumber, RSpec and Celerity.  You may wish
to keep an eye on it in case you want to extract more examples for
your repo.

BTW I never knew you could do this:

   @browser.page.getEnclosingWindow().getThreadManager().joinAll(10000)

Thanks for the tip - not tried it yet though.  I assume this works
faster than the Celerity FAQ example of sleeping in a loop until Ajax
has completed?

Cheers
Ashley

[1] http://aviewfromafar.net/tags/merbddland

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://aviewfromafar.net/
> wrote:

>>  * responding to alerts and confirm dialog boxes
>>
> That looks like the start of a useful reference!  I've started - and as
> than the Celerity FAQ example of sleeping in a loop until Ajax has
> completed?

I haven't compared the performance.  The celerity FAQ example requires
knowing the HTML element that is changed by the AJAX call which turned
me
off.

The HTMLUnit example is generic and works for me so far.

I'm looking forward to more adventures in MerBDDland.

Alvin.