Forum: Ruby on Rails error when run rails project

51cae9c9997f332606d6b9410efec689?d=identicon&s=25 Em Lanh (emlanh)
on 2008-11-16 11:11
Hi everyone,
I'm new in rails. After I ran "gem update --system", I had a lot of
problems when running rails projects. I tried to fix from error to error
and now when I run rails project, it occurs error like this:

About your application’s environment
PGError in Rails/infoController#properties

could not connect to server: No such file or directory
    connections on Unix domain socket
"/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

Anyone who had had the same problem and solved it, please tell me how to
do with this problem.
Thank a lot
51cae9c9997f332606d6b9410efec689?d=identicon&s=25 Em Lanh (emlanh)
on 2008-11-16 14:09
Em Lanh wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I'm new in rails. After I ran "gem update --system", I had a lot of
> problems when running rails projects. I tried to fix from error to error
> and now when I run rails project, it occurs error like this:
>
> About your application’s environment
> PGError in Rails/infoController#properties
>
> could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>     Is the server running locally and accepting
>     connections on Unix domain socket
> "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
>
> Anyone who had had the same problem and solved it, please tell me how to
> do with this problem.
> Thank a lot

Any suggestion please, I'm in hurry :(
Many thanks