Forum: GNU Radio Question about USRP2

4442896ce5705869a391a69b9b742698?d=identicon&s=25 Yabo Li (Guest)

I am quite new to the GNU radio. We just got the USRP2. I am wondering
if
the steps in the "GettingStart" in "
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/GettingStarted" are applicable to USRP2,
or
they are for USRP only. Thanks.

Regards,
Yabo
79723aa1b24981dcec2dbf7fd59403c1?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Padalino (Guest)
On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 8:56 PM, Yabo Li <yaboli@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am quite new to the GNU radio. We just got the USRP2. I am wondering if
> the steps in the "GettingStart" in
> "http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/GettingStarted" are applicable to USRP2, or
> they are for USRP only. Thanks.

Yes.

As a note, the code for the USRP2 is still being developed feverishly
so make sure to stay up to date.

Brian
4442896ce5705869a391a69b9b742698?d=identicon&s=25 Yabo Li (Guest)
Hi Brian,

I followed the instructions in the "GettingStarted" page. And I
installed
the gnuradio software in Cygwin based on the instructions in:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/CygwinInstallMain

In the last step, "Installing the USRP Driver on Windows", I found that
the
drive is for USB, but the USRP2 doesn't have the USB port, only has an
Ethernet port. I want to ask, if the driver provided in the
"gnuradio-3.1.3"
can still be used for USRP2, or it is only for the USB port in USRP?
Thanks
very much!

Regards,
Yabo
Ac73d95c8ccddff9ecae369bcb80a923?d=identicon&s=25 George P Nychis (Guest)
Eek, you didn't specify you're trying to install under Cygwin :)  From
Matt's USRP2 announcement:
"At this time, the USRP2 is in "beta release" state.  Not all of the
software and/or features are currently ready for production use.  The
USRP2
is initially supported on Linux, and we anticipate that drivers
for Windows, Mac OS X, and other systems will be developed in the
coming months."

I'm not sure of USRP2 Windows driver progress... I'm not sure it's
begun? I'd suggest installing a Linux environment, it is truly best for
working with GNU Radio and the USRP.

- George