Forum: JRuby Merb using JRuby/GlassFish

268f57c236bb50c0f6e12ac38adc9d81?d=identicon&s=25 Arun Gupta (arungupta)
I posted instructions on how to run a simple Merb application using
JRuby/GlassFish:

http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta/entry/getting_start...

Feedback appreciated!

Thanks,
-Arun
--
Application Platform, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Blog: http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta

Arun Gupta wrote:
> I posted instructions on how to run a simple Merb application using
> JRuby/GlassFish:
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta/entry/getting_start...
>
> Feedback appreciated!

Very nice post, Arun! I also want to mention there's another rev of the
gem coming out soon, so any bugs people see should be filed very
quickly.

Arun or Jacob or Vivek: It would also be great to get a post up or a
wiki page describing how to build the gem from scratch. I think the
process has changed a bit.

- Charlie

>> I posted instructions on how to run a simple Merb application using
>> JRuby/GlassFish:
>>
>> http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta/entry/getting_start...
>>
>> Feedback appreciated!
>
> Very nice post, Arun!
Thanks, another one coming soon on Merb scaffolds.

>I also want to mention there's another rev of the
> gem coming out soon, so any bugs people see should be filed very quickly.
>
> Arun or Jacob or Vivek: It would also be great to get a post up or a
> wiki page describing how to build the gem from scratch. I think the
> process has changed a bit.
The gem can be easily built as:

svn co
https://svn.dev.java.net/svn/glassfish-scripting/t... gem
cd gem
mvn -U clean install

And then the gem is available at:

./target/dependency/glassfish/pkg/glassfish-0.9.0-universal-java.gem

I'll publish this in a blog as well.

-Arun