Forum: GNU Radio firmware update of usrp2, wiki- update?

287db267f16cb26430934ea36168e6b3?d=identicon&s=25 Mattias Kjellsson (Guest)
Hi list,

I finally got my hands on an sd-card reader/writer, and as I have been
trying to get a hold of one for some time I was eager to update my
firmware I jumped straight at the FAQ. Where I was discouraged by the
fact that I have no idea about what device I'm using. Anyway, an answer
is almost always a google away, so I found this link
http://vic.gedris.org/linux-UsbMassStorage/ which tells you to do the
following steps to determine which device you would like to flash.

1. Install sg3-utils package
$sudo apt-get update
$sudo apt-get install sg3-utils

2. List the raw scsi- devices on your system
$sg_scan -i

3. Have a look at the list printed out, and determine which SCSI- device
is most likely your USB- card reader/writer.

4. Run sg_map to see what SCSI- device is associated with the USB sdcard
r/w- device.
$sg_map

Thought this might be something for the wiki- page... Instead of having
just a warning, there could be a warning and a solution  =;o]. But since

Cheers!
Mattias Kjellsson
On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 2:00 AM, Mattias Kjellsson <mkje@kth.se> wrote:

> Thought this might be something for the wiki- page... Instead of having just
> a warning, there could be a warning and a solution  =;o]. But since I

Go ahead and update it, that's what wikis are for.

login: guest
password: gnuradio

-Johnathan