Forum: Ruby on Rails How to start rails without database?

7fbd0e99b27064b14793f028022974e5?d=identicon&s=25 Zhao Yi (youhaodeyi)
on 2008-11-14 08:11
I am new to ruby & rails and I followed a tutorial to create a simple
rails project. but I got this error:
This error occurred while loading the following files:
   sqlite3

I searched that rails require sqlite3 database. I just want a simple
project. How can I disable the database in rails?

thanks.
7fbd0e99b27064b14793f028022974e5?d=identicon&s=25 Zhao Yi (youhaodeyi)
on 2008-11-14 08:20
Zhao Yi wrote:
> I am new to ruby & rails and I followed a tutorial to create a simple
> rails project. but I got this error:
> This error occurred while loading the following files:
>    sqlite3
>
> I searched that rails require sqlite3 database. I just want a simple
> project. How can I disable the database in rails?
>
> thanks.

I solved this issue. Please ignore this post.
Just want to share this experience with you, please take a look at the
following setting:

Rails 2.1

In addition to the steps listed below for Rails 1.0, you must also edit
config/initializers/new_rails_defaults.rb and comment out the lines that
start with ActiveRecord::Base
Rails 1.0

In config/environment.rb, inside the Rails::Initializer block, add this
line:

config.frameworks -= [ :active_record ]

To keep Test::Unit from giving you fixture related errors update
test/test_helper.rb like so:

class Test::Unit::TestCase
  self.use_transactional_fixtures = false
  self.use_instantiated_fixtures  = false