Forum: RSpec Skipped steps running stealthily

D069ac0170dc6c93bad77734258fadae?d=identicon&s=25 Peter Jaros (Guest)
I've just noticed that my "skipped" steps are actually running, but
their errors are being swallowed.  They can print to the screen,
however.  Is that intentional?  It's certainly not what I was
expecting.  I assumed skipped steps were...skipped.

Peter
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Peter Jaros <peter.a.jaros@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I've just noticed that my "skipped" steps are actually running, but
> their errors are being swallowed.  They can print to the screen,
> however.  Is that intentional?  It's certainly not what I was
> expecting.  I assumed skipped steps were...skipped.

Swallowing the errors is intentional, because once a previous step is
either pending or failing, subsequent failures/successes don't really
mean anything.

Perhaps the thing to do is really skip them. If you think that is the
way to go, please add a ticket.

Another possibility would be to really skip these by default, but have
a flag that runs and reports all steps (even the ones that are
currently skipped). I can imagine that this would be useful in
debugging, but I wouldn't want it to be the default because of the
unnecessary noise it would create most of the time.

WDYT?
D069ac0170dc6c93bad77734258fadae?d=identicon&s=25 Peter Jaros (Guest)
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:02 PM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Perhaps the thing to do is really skip them. If you think that is the
> way to go, please add a ticket.

Ticketed:
http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211-cucu...