Forum: GNU Radio How to bypass the filter on RXF2400 daughterboard

80e825d1e631c4d6681b39c0176c2f85?d=identicon&s=25 Bill Stevenson (Guest)
Hi, all!!!

I have read the manual of the RXF2400 and noticed that there is a filter
restricting the receiving bandwidth to be within ISM bandwidth. But in
our case, we need to work outside 802.11 band to avoid interference from
802.11, how can we bypass that filter using software? Thanks a lot!!!

Bill
79723aa1b24981dcec2dbf7fd59403c1?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Padalino (Guest)
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 6:43 PM, Bill Stevenson
<bill.stevenson07@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, all!!!
>
> I have read the manual of the RXF2400 and noticed that there is a filter
> restricting the receiving bandwidth to be within ISM bandwidth. But in our
> case, we need to work outside 802.11 band to avoid interference from 802.11,
> how can we bypass that filter using software? Thanks a lot!!!

I believe you must make a hardware modification if you plan on
bypassing the filter.

Brian
80e825d1e631c4d6681b39c0176c2f85?d=identicon&s=25 Bill Stevenson (Guest)
________________________________
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 6:43 PM, Bill Stevenson
<bill.stevenson07@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, all!!!
>
> I have read the manual of the RXF2400 and noticed that there is a filter
> restricting the receiving bandwidth to be within ISM bandwidth. But in our
> case, we need to work outside 802.11 band to avoid interference from 802.11,
> how can we bypass that filter using software? Thanks a lot!!!

I believe you must make a hardware modification if you plan on
bypassing the filter.

Brian

Thank you for so quick reply, Brian!

Making modification on HW is not what I can do. My case is like this: I
am transmitting 1Mbps data with center frequency set to 2483.5MHz. Do
you think it is doable without bypassing that filter (still receiving my
data without amplitude distorting)?

Thank you!

Bill
A5bd7ae805ecf3d11fad16fcffee2f5b?d=identicon&s=25 Paul Mathews (Guest)
I have read the manual of the RXF2400 and noticed that there is a filter
restricting the receiving bandwidth to be within ISM bandwidth. But in
our
case, we need to work outside 802.11 band to avoid interference from
802.11,
how can we bypass that filter using software? Thanks a lot!!!

Bill

 see page 49:
http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/attachment/wiki/UsrpF...
Paul Mathews