Forum: Ruby on Rails BDD with webrat and Cucumber

171ea139761951336b844e708d1547ab?d=identicon&s=25 James Byrne (byrnejb)
on 2008-11-12 20:20
OS = CentOS-5.2
Ruby 1.8.6
Rails 2.2.0RC1
Cucumber 0.1.9
Webrat 0.3.2

I have asked about this on the RSpec list but I am repeating my request
here to reach a somewhat wider audience.

I am running a cucumber feature test that invokes webrat.  The step is
defined as follows:

Given /I am on the new entity page/ do
  visits "/entities/new"
end

# rake features then generates the following error:

  Scenario: Register a new entity                                      #
features/manage_entities.feature:7
    Given I am on the new entity page                                  #
features/steps/entity_steps.rb:1
      wrong number of arguments (3 for 1) (ActionView::TemplateError)
      On line #10 of app/views/entities/new.html.erb

      7: <% form_for(@entity) do |f| %>
      8:
      9:   <%= render  :partial  => 'entities/entity_header',
      10:               :object   => @entity -%>
      11:
      12:   <p>
      13:   <%= f.submit "Create" -%>

      vendor/plugins/rspec-rails/lib/spec/rails/extensions/action_view/base.rb:13:in
`render_partial'

This code actually works without error but I infer that I am tripping
over some assumptions that webrat makes about views.  Is what I have
done wrong obvious to anyone here?

Regards,
F148ec0cad8ea241b1cfd80e7ec8a7df?d=identicon&s=25 Fredrik (Guest)
Not sure if it is related, but with 2.2.0RC i had much better luck
removing rspec and rspec_on_rails from the vendors folder and use the
gems. I'm using these:
rspec (1.1.11)
rspec-rails (1.1.11)

GL

On Nov 12, 1:20 pm, James Byrne <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
171ea139761951336b844e708d1547ab?d=identicon&s=25 James Byrne (byrnejb)
on 2008-11-12 22:05
Fredrik wrote:
> Not sure if it is related, but with 2.2.0RC i had much better luck
> removing rspec and rspec_on_rails from the vendors folder and use the
> gems. I'm using these:
> rspec (1.1.11)
> rspec-rails (1.1.11)
>
> GL
>
> On Nov 12, 1:20�pm, James Byrne <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

BINGO!

You know. I thought that I did that, removed both of them yesterday, and
yet today I find that they are still there.  I must have only removed
them as submodules from git.  But actually getting rid of them cleared
up the problem for me.  Now I just have regularly failing tests...
Yea.... I think ;->