Forum: RSpec Warning: cucumber and spec generators on rails 2.1.0

8a2de74362a8ee5f9c5e86b1ba0b1640?d=identicon&s=25 Joaquin Rivera Padron (Guest)
hey there,
I've come back to one Rails 2.1.0 project and  notice that using

ruby script/generate rspec (or the cucumber one)

produces this warning:
Warning: Gem::SourceIndex#search support for Regexp patterns is
deprecated

the generators work anyway and this warning is not seeing on rails
2.1.[greater than 0], just try and change the environment.rb to point to
Rails 2.1.0 version and the warning appears.

I've tried the lattest Cucumber and Rspec releases as well as some older
and
they behave well on rails 2.1.[greater than 0] but not on rails 2.1.0

David was working on this:
http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tickets/574 and
http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tickets/575 but there he
pointed was the issue was not 100% a Rake or Rails thing, but now I'm a
bit
confused.

anyway I wanted to share this, as I said is only a warning
joaquin
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Joaquin Rivera Padron
<joahking@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rails 2.1.0 version and the warning appears.
>
> I've tried the lattest Cucumber and Rspec releases as well as some older and
> they behave well on rails 2.1.[greater than 0] but not on rails 2.1.0
>
> David was working on this:
> http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tickets/574 and
> http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tickets/575 but there he
> pointed was the issue was not 100% a Rake or Rails thing, but now I'm a bit
> confused.

I believe that's actually a rails thing. The rspec generators wrap the
rails generators, which do some path searching in a now-deprecated
way.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Cheers,
David
8a2de74362a8ee5f9c5e86b1ba0b1640?d=identicon&s=25 Joaquin Rivera Padron (Guest)
ooops, The files generated with rails 2.1.0 with

ruby script/generate cucumber

  are not good actually. When running features nothing got printed in
console.

I solved it by _sort of_ following one of your tips at lighthouse:

* switch project to rails 2.1.2
* generated the cucumber files again
* switch back to old 2.1.0

and voila I began seeing greens, reds and all of them

anyone else seeing this happening? or is it just me :-(

thanks
jk