Forum: wxRuby A grid without row labels?

8169bd2772aa4c151c8688dd1b08348e?d=identicon&s=25 Omar Hernandez (ramo)
on 2008-11-12 01:31
Hello there

I'm working on a grid of many rows and one column
For example: if I want to show the name of the states, I only need their
names and nothing more, so the grid will be a many rows(number of
states) and one column(name).

The point is that I dont want the lavels of the rows on my left, I only
want the cell but no row names. I don't know if i'm explaining myself so
i'll paste some images (from google)

this is the grid with both row and column lavels:
http://phenix.developpez.com/Tutoriel_wxWindows/Tu...

end this is a grid with only the column lavel (no row lavels):
http://www.gnuenterprise.org/~johannes/zipgrid-gtk.png

i hope you can help me and i'm sorry for troubling you every time
Hi Omar

Omar Hernandez wrote:
> I'm working on a grid of many rows and one column
> For example: if I want to show the name of the states, I only need their
> names and nothing more, so the grid will be a many rows(number of
> states) and one column(name).
>

> The point is that I dont want the lavels of the rows on my left, I only
> want the cell but no row names.

Simply, with a Wx::Grid

grid.set_row_label_size( 0 ) # or
grid.row_label_size = 0

But I wonder if Wx::Grid is the best control for this. Have you looked
into Wx::ListCtrl (especially with the Wx::LC_REPORT style)? It will
display a list of items with multiple text columns per item.

8169bd2772aa4c151c8688dd1b08348e?d=identicon&s=25 Omar Hernandez (ramo)
on 2008-11-12 22:39
Hi there

> Simply, with a Wx::Grid
>
> grid.set_row_label_size( 0 ) # or
> grid.row_label_size = 0

Thanks! it's working fine, you saved me again