Forum: RSpec what triggers "./script/autospec" to kick in? when I change my model it doesn't always retest

D5df9fcd7ef4c3c937435d7d6adeab2a?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Hauptmann (Guest)

Does anyone know what exactly trigger autospec to rerun tests?

I ask as I have a model file that has spec tests for it, but I've
noticed when I fix the line in the model file it's not automatically
retriggering a retest (where I'd expect to see a pass whereas before
it was a fail).  If I close autospec & restart it then it gives the
pass.

Thanks
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Greg Hauptmann
<greg.hauptmann.ruby@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what exactly trigger autospec to rerun tests?
>
> I ask as I have a model file that has spec tests

Please don't say "spec tests" lest you desire being banned from the
list. Choose any of "specs," "tests" or even "rspec tests" but "spec
tests" is like nails on a chalkboard to my eyes :)

> for it, but I've
> noticed when I fix the line in the model file it's not automatically
> retriggering a retest (where I'd expect to see a pass whereas before
> it was a fail).  If I close autospec & restart it then it gives the
> pass.

autospec is a thin wrapper around autotest, so the issue is one of
autotest mappings.

What are the actual filenames and what directories are they in?
D5df9fcd7ef4c3c937435d7d6adeab2a?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Hauptmann (Guest)
tks David - the files are:

* app/models/recurring/projections.rb <== one I was changing & not
always triggering a retest
* spec/models/projections/projections_spec.rb <== where the associated
tests are

tks
48641c4be1fbe167929fb16c9fd94990?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Wilden (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Greg Hauptmann <
greg.hauptmann.ruby@gmail.com> wrote:

> * app/models/recurring/projections.rb <== one I was changing & not
> always triggering a retest
> * spec/models/projections/projections_spec.rb <== where the associated
> tests are

The model and the spec are in different subdirectories under app and
spec.

///ark
D5df9fcd7ef4c3c937435d7d6adeab2a?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Hauptmann (Guest)
thanks - this seemed to fix it

wonder why it was working for the first time run (i.e. tests were
working) but just not re-triggering?  just the way autotest works I
guess
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 8:00 PM, Greg Hauptmann
<greg.hauptmann.ruby@gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks - this seemed to fix it
>
> wonder why it was working for the first time run (i.e. tests were
> working) but just not re-triggering?  just the way autotest works I
> guess

The first time it loads everything in the spec directory, or
spec/models if you type 'rake spec:models' etc etc etc

After that it looks at changes and looks to the mappings to know what to
do.