Forum: GNU Radio exploring the GNURadio and USRP with benchmark.py

5d49c921fbbc3c4c04315826d9fde205?d=identicon&s=25 yufeng wang (Guest)
Hi, dear all,

I've just installed GNURadio and Cygwin in two computers, now I'd like
to explore them with the experiment using benchmark_rx.py and
benchmark_tx.py. I tried to type benchmark_rx.py -f 900M in one
computer, but I got 'usb_contral_msg failed' and a warning 'Failed to
enable realtime scheduling'.... Could anyone here tell me are there
some other parameters or codes needed to be set first in the file
benchmark_rx.py or some other files, in order to perform the data
transmission experiment between two computers in Cygwin? Thanks a lot!

--
Best
Yufeng
> Hi, dear all,
>
> I've just installed GNURadio and Cygwin in two computers, now I'd like to
> explore them with the experiment using benchmark_rx.py and
> benchmark_tx.py. I tried to type benchmark_rx.py -f 900M in one computer,
> but I got 'usb_contral_msg failed' and a warning 'Failed to enable
> realtime scheduling'.... Could anyone here tell me are there some other
> parameters or codes needed to be set first in the file benchmark_rx.py or
> some other files, in order to perform the data transmission experiment
> between two computers in Cygwin? Thanks a lot!

Do you have your USRPs plugged in to each computer and the power cables
connected?  It might be that you do not have the USRP on, plugged in, or
the drivers installed.

Ignore the realtime scheduling warning, it's not crucial to exploring
the examples.

- George
836e2979a94445195bd7abdd306196ad?d=identicon&s=25 CNS Lee (cnslee)
on 2008-11-12 15:19
> a warning 'Failed to
> enable realtime scheduling'.... Could anyone here tell me are there
> some other parameters or codes needed to be set first in the file
> benchmark_rx.py or some other files, in order to perform the data
> transmission experiment between two computers in Cygwin? Thanks a lot!

Try this:
Modify file 'gnuradio-core/src/lib/runtime/gr_realtime.i', and add one
line: ‘%include <gruel/realtime.h>’. Then re-compile GNU Radio.
Good luck!