Forum: Ruby on Rails Recommended Reading for..

34a7615f38496a5dafbb3e6b721c435e?d=identicon&s=25 Mohit Sindhwani (Guest)
For one of my sites, I want to create a developer API so that other
people can leverage of what we build to quickly put together their own
solutions (I guess something like Google Maps is a good parallel
example).  We'd like to control who uses it since we have data providers
who would like to know when we pass data on to someone else.

What would you recommend that I read?  It's fine if it's a book (doesn't
need to be only online articles though those would give me a good start
also).  [needless to say, Rails would be my preferred choice].

Thanks,
Mohit.
Hi Mojit,

Mohit Sindhwani wrote:

> For one of my sites, I want to create a developer API so that other
> people can leverage of what we build to quickly put together their own
> solutions (I guess something like Google Maps is a good parallel
> example).  We'd like to control who uses it since we have data providers
> who would like to know when we pass data on to someone else.
>
> What would you recommend that I read?  It's fine if it's a book (doesn't
> need to be only online articles though those would give me a good start
> also).  [needless to say, Rails would be my preferred choice].

I'd recommend picking up "RESTful Web Services"
(http://www.amazon.com/RESTful-Web-Services-Leonard...
).  It gave me an expanded view; quickly.  Googling the same three words
gives good results too.

HTH,
Bill
Bill Walton wrote:

> HTH,
> Bill

Thanks Bill - I shall take a look at that!

Cheers,
Mohit.
11/13/2008 | 12:22 AM.