Forum: GNU Radio Accessing data in sink

5723f567e22d15a13e469a45b3f7fdca?d=identicon&s=25 Mayank Goel (Guest)

I am confused about how to access the data that is present in the
sink. I mean that I need to send the sink data into some other
component and need to access all the contents.

How can I do that?

Thanks
A5bd7ae805ecf3d11fad16fcffee2f5b?d=identicon&s=25 Paul Mathews (Guest)
I am confused about how to access the data that is present in the
sink. I mean that I need to send the sink data into some other
component and need to access all the contents.

How can I do that?

Thanks

Just add and connect another sink to the same data source. You can 'fan
out'
the flow graph as much as needed (within resource limits, of course).
Paul Mathews
063614dd3613cfd90b6c86b951fcf2a4?d=identicon&s=25 Karthik Vijayraghavan (Guest)
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Mayank Goel <mayank.goel@gatech.edu>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am confused about how to access the data that is present in the sink. I
> mean that I need to send the sink data into some other component and need to
> access all the contents.
>
> How can I do that?
>
> Thanks

Are you talking about how to read data off the file to which the sink
writes
its output? You can do that in matlab/oactave using the
read_float_binary
file which is located in the source tarball. Look for it in
gnuradio_dir/gnuradio-core/src/utils. The file is a binary file which
contains raw data from the input without any header, so you can use a
function like fopen() and fread() to read the contents of the file.

Karthik
1871ac21d15cec26381351607330581b?d=identicon&s=25 Claudio Mauro (claudiomauro)
on 2010-11-09 18:51
Karthik Vijayraghavan wrote in post #747875:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Mayank Goel <mayank.goel@gatech.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am confused about how to access the data that is present in the sink. I
>> mean that I need to send the sink data into some other component and need to
>> access all the contents.
>>
>> How can I do that?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Are you talking about how to read data off the file to which the sink
> writes
> its output? You can do that in matlab/oactave using the
> read_float_binary
> file which is located in the source tarball. Look for it in
> gnuradio_dir/gnuradio-core/src/utils. The file is a binary file which
> contains raw data from the input without any header, so you can use a
> function like fopen() and fread() to read the contents of the file.
>
> Karthik

Hi,
this is my first time that I'm writing here I need to see the bits that
I stored in a file, but How I can open it? Someone can explain me  very
simply the steps that I have to do. I'm a beginner :-(