Forum: Ruby Need help finding a pithy corouting example

5d06917e13b29bcff1c1609492c06873?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Thomas (Guest)
I'm looking for a concise but interesting example of corotuines to
illustrate symmetrical fibers for the 1.9 edition of the PickAxe.

Way back in the dim past, I remember a logic puzzle to do with laying
down a path of colored tiles such that there were no repeating
subsequences. I remember coding a solution using coroutines in Simula.
But I can't now find a formulation of the problem. Does anyone know
it? Or can anyone suggest an alternative illustration of coroutines
that will fit in about 20-30 lines.?

Thanks

Dave
4de2296ba69e999e961b2252fb38429e?d=identicon&s=25 bullockbefriending bard (Guest)
On Nov 9, 10:19 pm, Dave Thomas <d...@pragprog.com> wrote:
> Thanks
>
> Dave

Chapter 9 - Coroutines in Programming in Lua has a few examples.

Chapter 13.4 in Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum days has a tree-
matching example.

Both are available in online versions.
On Nov 9, 2008, at 10:27 AM, bullockbefriending bard wrote:

> Chapter 9 - Coroutines in Programming in Lua has a few examples.
>
> Chapter 13.4 in Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum days has a tree-
> matching example.
>
> Both are available in online versions.

I should have said: I saw those, but I was looking for something a
little more fun :)