Forum: Ruby is there a gem command to open up the rdoc for a particular gem in the default browser at the index

D5df9fcd7ef4c3c937435d7d6adeab2a?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Hauptmann (Guest)

Is there a gem command to open up the rdoc for a particular gem in the
default browser at the index page???  e.g. something like "gem rdoc
rspec", and this would open up firefox at the index.html page of the
rspec gem API doco....

Tks
A99870c1391c39da2089649745965bda?d=identicon&s=25 Jean-François Trân (Guest)
2008/11/8 Greg Hauptmann :

> Is there a gem command to open up the rdoc for a particular gem in the
> default browser at the index page???  e.g. something like "gem rdoc
> rspec", and this would open up firefox at the index.html page of the
> rspec gem API doco....

look at the 'gem server' command.

    -- Jean-François.
D5df9fcd7ef4c3c937435d7d6adeab2a?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Hauptmann (Guest)
thanks - I was kind of fishing for a lower resource intensive shortcut
to load the index.html page from one's HDD given it's there, without
having to run a web server, however if this doesn't exist then knowing
about gem server is great