Forum: Ruby on Rails Problem autenticating user

4954715b1fb1a61ba31b700542402599?d=identicon&s=25 Margareth Florián (Guest)
hi every body....

I need help..
I have the following code in a user model. But when i try to autenticate
an
user always returns nil, my session controller calls the autenticate
method.
I proves comparing only the database password with new encrypted
password
but always returns nil. The database password was encryted with the same
encrypt method. I dont know what i need to do.
TNKS a lot..

# Authenticates a user by their login name and unencrypted password.
Returns
the user or nil.
*

def self*.authenticate(login, password)

u = find_by_login(login) # need to get the salt and user_password

u && u.authenticated?(password) ? u :* nil

end
*

# Encrypts some data with the salt.
*

def self*.encrypt(password, salt)

Digest::SHA1.hexdigest("--#{salt}--#{password}--")
*

end
*

# Encrypts the password with the user salt
*

def* encrypt(password)
*

self*.class.encrypt(password, salt)
*

end
*

*

def* authenticated?(password)

user_password == encrypt(password)
*

end
*
On 7 Nov 2008, at 22:57, Margareth Florián wrote:

> hi every body....
>
> I need help..
> I have the following code in a user model. But when i try to
> autenticate an user always returns nil, my session controller calls
> the autenticate method. I proves comparing only the database
> password with new encrypted password but always returns nil. The
> database password was encryted with the same encrypt method. I dont
> know what i need to do.
> TNKS a lot..

"When you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however
improbable, must be the truth.". How are you creating/saving users?
Fred