Forum: Ruby on Rails Webservice with Ruby

D823f4cb09e47d9676952d4b83f9bac2?d=identicon&s=25 Kittu (Guest)
Right now we are using java based webservices and want to move them to
ruby on rails webservice. I did not find any ActionWebservice package
under gems folder.

I appreciate if anyone can help me to find examples on SOAP based
webservice with ruby.

Ruby version: 1.8.7

Thanks
  Krishna
3e7125e49df65681624b292c6cc0e92a?d=identicon&s=25 blasterpal (Guest)
D823f4cb09e47d9676952d4b83f9bac2?d=identicon&s=25 Kittu Mm (iamkittu)
on 2008-11-11 20:41
texperts works only with action pack <= 1.13.x and the current action
pack is 2.1.x and it throws an exception as

C:\ruby>gem install actionwebservice
ERROR:  Error installing actionwebservice:
        actionwebservice requires actionpack (= 1.13.6, runtime)

I read the 'Agile web development with ruby' and still not succeed
creating webservice.

I appreciate if you can share step by step webservice example either
with soap4r, actionwebservice, aws, any...
On 11 Nov 2008, at 19:41, Kittu Mm wrote:

> texperts works only with action pack <= 1.13.x and the current action
> pack is 2.1.x and it throws an exception as
>

> C:\ruby>gem install actionwebservice
> ERROR:  Error installing actionwebservice:
>        actionwebservice requires actionpack (= 1.13.6, runtime)

I wrote the blog post blasterpal linked to, the key thing is that we
don't use the gem. I've downloaded the source from the rails svn host
and stuck next to the other components of the rails framework (ie
everything is frozen into the app). This continues to work for me with
2.1.2

Kent Sibilev has been maintaining a gem you can just install:
http://www.datanoise.com/articles/2008/7/2/actionw...

Fred