Rails book wanted for non Ruby programmer

Hi,

I am very interested to see what Rails is all about, and am looking for
good book that covers Rails well and possible has a reference for it
too. I
do not know Ruby but am familular with Javascript and PHP.

Is there a good book for me ? I may also get a book on Ruby if really
recomended too.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, Aaron G. wrote:

Hi,

I am very interested to see what Rails is all about, and am looking for a
good book that covers Rails well and possible has a reference for it too. I
do not know Ruby but am familular with Javascript and PHP.

Searching www.amazon.co.uk for “rails php” (without the quotation
marks) turns up two books on rails for PHP users. I’ve not used
them so can’t comment. Other online bookshops could be worth a look,
too.

    HTH
    Hugh

“Hugh S.” [email protected] wrote in message
news:[email protected]

marks) turns up two books on rails for PHP users. I’ve not used
them so can’t comment. Other online bookshops could be worth a look,
too.

Yeah, I really would prefer a) a book that is not tainted by PHP