Forum: Ruby Rails book wanted for non Ruby programmer

A19c4c8dfec77ebbc2368cab6cc86457?d=identicon&s=25 Aaron Gray (Guest)

I am very interested to see what Rails is all about, and am looking for
good book that covers Rails well and possible has a reference for it
too. I
do not know Ruby but am familular with Javascript and PHP.

Is there a good book for me ? I may also get a book on Ruby if really
recomended too.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron
457cf540784a12ba2f30e06565a2c189?d=identicon&s=25 Hugh Sasse (Guest)
On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, Aaron Gray wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am very interested to see what Rails is all about, and am looking for a
> good book that covers Rails well and possible has a reference for it too. I
> do not know Ruby but am familular with Javascript and PHP.

Searching www.amazon.co.uk for "rails php" (without the quotation
marks) turns up two books on rails for PHP users.  I've not used
them so can't comment. Other online bookshops could be worth a look,
too.

        HTH
        Hugh
"Hugh Sasse" <hgs@dmu.ac.uk> wrote in message
> marks) turns up two books on rails for PHP users.  I've not used
> them so can't comment. Other online bookshops could be worth a look,
> too.

Yeah, I really would prefer a) a book that is not tainted by PHP