Forum: GNU Radio Re: How to store recieved signal (time, voltage) in .txt format

8609964d75de56552443da57880d4424?d=identicon&s=25 Bruhtesfa Godana (Guest)
Hey slimchao,

Thanks for the reply!  I tried gr.file_sink().
It writes something in a txt file, but when I open it it is not in
readable format.
Is there something that I can do to make it a readable .txt format for
the MAt lab, where every sampled value is written as float value on a
new line?

Thanks!
063614dd3613cfd90b6c86b951fcf2a4?d=identicon&s=25 Karthik Vijayraghavan (Guest)
On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Bruhtesfa Godana <bruhye@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey slimchao,
>
> Thanks for the reply!  I tried gr.file_sink().
> It writes something in a txt file, but when I open it it is not in readable
> format.
> Is there something that I can do to make it a readable .txt format for the
> MAt lab, where every sampled value is written as float value on a new line?
>
> Thanks!

gr.file_sink() writes it as a binary file, not a txt file. You can use
the
programs found in gnuradio-core/src/utils/read_float_binary.m etc to
read
those files from matlab or octave where you can resave them in a format
that
you want.

Karthik