Forum: IronRuby Updated IronRuby / Mono install

7997f24c6a56a7cd2052b2d807b559cd?d=identicon&s=25 Jose Antonio Diaz (Guest)
Wondering if there is an update to the instructions currently on
ironruby.net?

I've downloaded the latest stable build of Mono and trying to use the
latest SVN of IronRuby but it doesn't want to compile. Even reverting
to r112 like the instructions said doesn't work.

I downloaded the patches from
http://sparcs.kaist.ac.kr/~tinuviel/download/IronRuby
  but I get the following errors:

patching file Rakefile
Hunk #1 FAILED at 155.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 207.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Rakefile.rej
patching file context.rb
Hunk #1 FAILED at 160.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file context.rb.rej
patching file src/microsoft.scripting/hosting/shell/BasicConsole.cs
Hunk #1 FAILED at 94.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/
microsoft.scripting/hosting/shell/BasicConsole.cs.rej
patching file src/ironruby/Builtins/RubyMethod.cs
Hunk #1 FAILED at 60.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/ironruby/Builtins/
RubyMethod.cs.rej
patching file src/microsoft.scripting.core/runtime/ReflectionCache.cs
Hunk #1 FAILED at 48.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/
microsoft.scripting.core/runtime/ReflectionCache.cs.rej
patching file src/microsoft.scripting.core/actions/comdispatch/
comtypelibdesc.cs
Hunk #1 FAILED at 133.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/
microsoft.scripting.core/actions/comdispatch/comtypelibdesc.cs.rej
patching file src/microsoft.scripting.core/actions/comdispatch/
DispCallable.cs
Hunk #1 FAILED at 126.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/
microsoft.scripting.core/actions/comdispatch/DispCallable.cs.rej

Is this problem related to Mono or Ironruby?

Jose Antonio Diaz
A120eb09d383829bfa210bf656fcde4e?d=identicon&s=25 John Lam (IRONRUBY) (Guest)
I haven't tried to build under Mono for some time now. I know that the
rake compile task is currently broken in r160 - that's the task that
you'll need to use under Mono. Once RubyConf is done, we'll spend some
time fixing the Rakefile and verifying that everything works correctly
under Mono.

Thanks,
-John
B7b34fda26b7ea99b8b4d42497193220?d=identicon&s=25 Seo Sanghyeon (Guest)
2008/11/6 Jose Antonio Diaz <jadiaz@cox.net>:
> Wondering if there is an update to the instructions currently on
> ironruby.net?
>
> I've downloaded the latest stable build of Mono and trying to use the latest
> SVN of IronRuby but it doesn't want to compile. Even reverting to r112 like
> the instructions said doesn't work.

Really? Reverting back to old versions like r112 does work for me. Can
you detail
what you have done?