Forum: Ruby on Rails Global Translator Plugin?

715fe84ca0710aa8dfa5650a044cde91?d=identicon&s=25 John Honovich (jr1734)
on 2008-11-06 03:40
Hello,

I am looking for a simple way to automate translating my site into
different languages.

I believe that the most appropriate way for Ruby on Rails is to use
Globalize.

I have just started looking through the docs and want to verify that
this is the best way to accomplish such translation.

I notice that wordpress has a Global Translator Plugin
(http://www.nothing2hide.net/wp-plugins/wordpress-g...)
that seems to provide a very simple and elegant translation for content.
An example site using it is: http://www.online-tech-tips.com/ with the
french version at: http://www.online-tech-tips.com/fr/

Is Globalize the Rails equivalent of Gloabl Translator Plugin? Are there
other options?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John
On 6 Nov 2008, at 02:40, John Honovich wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a simple way to automate translating my site into
> different languages.
>
> I believe that the most appropriate way for Ruby on Rails is to use
> Globalize.

You should take a look at the new l18n stuff in rails 2.2:
http://www.artweb-design.de/2008/7/18/the-ruby-on-...

Fred