Forum: GNU Radio USRP power supply issues

196c55d4c9a378e23f0b89482711c17e?d=identicon&s=25 Bob Keyes (bobk)
Hello, I was happy to be able to borrow a USRP from a friend of mine at
MIT. However, it came as just the board with two LFRX and two LFTX 1.0
daughterbouards. No power supply, cables, etc. I dug through what I
through was a rather decent pile of wall-warts that I have acquired
throughout the years but couldn't find any for 6V. I read the ettus.com
web page where it is said that the board can operate off of 5v, But that
some boards may require 6V. Which boards are these? I have plenty of 5V
adapters that I can use while waiting for a replacement power supply.
But I don't want to cause wierd errors due to brown outs.

Also, is there a manual for the board I can download somewhere?
Bob Keyes wrote:
> Hello, I was happy to be able to borrow a USRP from a friend of mine at MIT. However, it
came as just the board with two LFRX and two LFTX 1.0 daughterbouards. No power supply,
cables, etc. I dug through what I through was a rather decent pile of wall-warts that I
have acquired throughout the years but couldn't find any for 6V. I read the ettus.com web
page where it is said that the board can operate off of 5v, But that some boards may
require 6V. Which boards are these? I have plenty of 5V adapters that I can use while
waiting for a replacement power supply. But I don't want to cause wierd errors due to
brown outs.

Only the BasicRX and BasicTX really don't need 6V.  Everything else
basically does.

> Also, is there a manual for the board I can download somewhere?

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UsrpFAQ

Matt