Forum: Ruby on Rails Which is the best attachment plugin for my situation?

3ff9c2544554b13c6c7877e76684751b?d=identicon&s=25 Lee Smith (smitjel)
I'm trying to decide which attachment plugin best suites the needs for
my project.  I have a model that I want to associate one or many
attachments to.  The content-type of the attachment will vary as well
(pdf, jpeg, doc, zip), not just an image type.  Thanks for any help!
8cac6e764279d4ca612f4a6ec767fdaf?d=identicon&s=25 Benjamin Curtis (Guest)
Either paperclip or attachment_fu will serve you well.
--
Benjamin Curtis
http://railskits.com/ - Ready-made Rails code

On Nov 7, 11:32 am, "Benjamin Curtis" <benjamin.cur...@gmail.com>
941120dac2e97cf8bc1cbe0216159104?d=identicon&s=25 David Trasbo (datra)
on 2008-11-07 20:02
Jl Smith wrote:

> I'm trying to decide which attachment plugin best suites the needs for
> my project.  I have a model that I want to associate one or many
> attachments to.  The content-type of the attachment will vary as well
> (pdf, jpeg, doc, zip), not just an image type.  Thanks for any help!

I Agree, Paperclip is just great. Ryan Bates made an excellent
screencast on it. Railscasts #134 "Paperclip"
(http://railscasts.com/episodes/134-paperclip)