Forum: RSpec no such file "spec/rake/spectask" even when rspec is install

05d8aae3736c731bcfc2c2a5c2a5f316?d=identicon&s=25 Rob Lacey (braindeaf)
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help, I've recently moved a project over from
using an old version of the rspec and rspec-rails plugins to using the
gems. This worked seamlessly for both myself and another colleague. But
another colleague is now getting this problem.

no such file "spec/rake/spectask"

When trying to run the simplest of rake tasks. We've compared gem
versions and we all have duplicate setups as far as I can see, rspec and
rspec-rails gems appear to be installed fine. Is there anything else we
can try to find out what is missing?

RobL
On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 6:07 AM, Rob Lacey <robl@mail.pigdestroyer.co.uk>
wrote:
> and we all have duplicate setups as far as I can see, rspec and rspec-rails
> gems appear to be installed fine. Is there anything else we can try to find
> out what is missing?

That developer probably does not have the rspec gem installed on
his/her system. In the next release, when this happens, you'll get a
warning message (not an error, so that you can still run other rake
tasks) that will tell you this, and instruct you to install the rspec
gem.

In the mean time, installing the rspec-rails and rspec gems on that
system should solve the problem.

Cheers,
David