Forum: JRuby Using maven to build a jar/war/ear with jruby source?

91d9f06f7a33fa33ba0bd5ed08854d12?d=identicon&s=25 Peter Burkholder (Guest)

I have the same question that Michael Campbell posed in September:

> personally.
>
> As far as using Maven to compile the scripts, we don't have a mojo for
> this sort of thing, so you're best off using something like the exec
> or antrun plugin. You can make jruby-complete a dependency of the
> plugin, and use "${maven.plugin.classpath}" as the classpath to the
> java command that would launch jrubyc. Look inside the jrubyc script
> for details of args to pass to java to launch the compiler.
>
> Hope that helps,
> /Nick

Does anything 1.1.5 address this?  If not, is there a feature request
in the JRuby Jira tracker that relates to this so I can track whether
it's supported or not?

Or should I be looking at Groovy instead for extending classes within
a J2EE app?

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter Burkholder                  [Contractor]
+1-301-402-7499    burkholp@ncbi.nlm.nih.gov