Forum: GNU Radio USRP working but problem with cygwin

B725aa2acb36e3789c0a754c539c497a?d=identicon&s=25 teka yemane (Guest)
Finally, my USRP and gnuradio are working fine.
now, i am having bad time with installing cygwin
as my clients need the application in windows. Has
any body used cygwin for gnuradio before or is it better
to use MingW? please any body who has got some experience
on this, send me some advice.
thanks
teka yemane
Ad84973e0d95196c6e59bed61c3f349a?d=identicon&s=25 Don Ward (Guest)
teka yemane wrote:

> Finally, my USRP and gnuradio are working fine.
> now, i am having bad time with installing cygwin
> as my clients need the application in windows. Has
> any body used cygwin for gnuradio before or is it better
> to use MingW? please any body who has got some experience
> on this, send me some advice.

I have been using GNU Radio on both.  Instructions for installation are
given in the wiki (www.gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/WindowsInstall) .  The
instructions have been tested for release 3.1.3 but will not always work
for
the svn trunk (because the code changes faster than the wiki).  There
could
also be problems with changes in Cygwin components or in the libraries
that
GNU Radio depends on.

I think Cygwin is a little easier to start with, though MinGW doesn't
change
as fast.

If you can be specific about the difficulties you are having, someone
may be
able to help.

-- Don W.
5d49c921fbbc3c4c04315826d9fde205?d=identicon&s=25 yufeng wang (Guest)
Hi, Dear all,

I also just started to install cygwin. My first problem occurs when I
tried to install fftw-3.1.3 package, after './configure --enable...',
it says 'no acceptable c compiler found in path', thus I can't
continue with the next step. Anyone has similar problems? How did u
solve this?

Thanks in advance!

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Don Ward <don2387ward@sprynet.com>
wrote:
> given in the wiki (www.gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/WindowsInstall) .  The
>
> -- Don W.

Kind regards,

Yufeng Wang

Ph.D Candidate
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering,
New Jersey Institute of Tech., NJ, USA
Tel: +1 201 314 2005
D7e5bb540a885ff3589669c96a37794c?d=identicon&s=25 Umair Nasir (Guest)
Cygwin works fine. But i really think the wiki installation guide should
be
organised in a better manner. The right versions must be present with
the
cygwin setup.exe. We face problems in libtool versions and many other
packages.
E16be4811324adf8f26be26d77e9d29d?d=identicon&s=25 Bob McGwier (Guest)
Sounds like a volunteer to me!  Ask for a login to the trac wiki!

Bob

ARRL SDR Working Group Chair

NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.

" Don't despair, not even over the fact that you don't despair. "

From: discuss-gnuradio-bounces+rwmcgwier=gmail.com@gnu.org
On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 09:31:26AM +0500, Umair Nasir wrote:
> Cygwin works fine. But i really think the wiki installation guide should be
> organised in a better manner. The right versions must be present with the
> cygwin setup.exe. We face problems in libtool versions and many other
> packages.
>
> Umair

The wiki is created and updated by people just like you...

login: guest
password: gnuradio

Eric
yufeng wang wrote:

> I also just started to install cygwin. My first problem occurs when I
> tried to install fftw-3.1.3 package, after './configure --enable...',
> it says 'no acceptable c compiler found in path', thus I can't
> continue with the next step. Anyone has similar problems? How did u
> solve this?

In your Cygwin shell, try the command "echo $PATH".  Does the result
include
"/usr/bin"?  If not, there is a problem with the way you are running
Cygwin.

Now try the command "which gcc".  Does it say "/usr/bin/gcc"?  If not,
gcc
is not installed correctly.

The command "cygcheck -c" will show you what Cygwin packages are
installed.
You should see entries for gcc-core and gcc-g++.

-- Don W.
5d49c921fbbc3c4c04315826d9fde205?d=identicon&s=25 yufeng wang (Guest)
Hi, Don,

Many thanks for you reply! I've installed gcc, my problem now is that
'make: command not found', do you have any idea on how to solve this?

--
Best,

Yufeng
yufeng wang wrote:

> Hi, Don,
>
> Many thanks for you reply! I've installed gcc, my problem now is that
> 'make: command not found', do you have any idea on how to solve this?

Yes.  You need to install all of the Cygwin packages listed in
"Installing
Cygwin packages"  on
http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/CygwinInstallMain.

-- Don W.