Forum: RSpec Issues after removal of rpsec plugins and gem install

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
7ed559ec7f9fc6a96ddc1690f06e7f80?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Olsen (chrisolsen)
on 2008-11-01 21:25
autotest will no longer run my tests after I installed the rpsec gem and
removed the plugins. I did install the rspec-rails gem as well.

Is anyone else having this issue?
5d38ab152e1e3e219512a9859fcd93af?d=identicon&s=25 David Chelimsky (Guest)
on 2008-11-01 23:11
(Received via mailing list)
On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Chris Olsen <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:
> autotest will no longer run my tests after I installed the rpsec gem and
> removed the plugins. I did install the rspec-rails gem as well.
>
> Is anyone else having this issue?

Not sure how far back you're updating from, but we introduced autospec
in 1.1.5:

http://rspec.info/changes-rspec.html

Cheers,
David
7ed559ec7f9fc6a96ddc1690f06e7f80?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Olsen (chrisolsen)
on 2008-11-01 23:33
David Chelimsky wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Chris Olsen <lists@ruby-forum.com>
> wrote:
>> autotest will no longer run my tests after I installed the rpsec gem and
>> removed the plugins. I did install the rspec-rails gem as well.
>>
>> Is anyone else having this issue?
>
> Not sure how far back you're updating from, but we introduced autospec
> in 1.1.5:
>
> http://rspec.info/changes-rspec.html
>
> Cheers,
> David

rspec (1.1.11)
rspec-rails (1.1.11)
ZenTest (3.11.0)

I was under the impression that with the latest version a person no
longer has to install the rails plugins.  I have removed them, and as
mentioned autotest just hangs.

$ autotest
loading autotest/rails
[hangs]

Thanks for the help.
7ed559ec7f9fc6a96ddc1690f06e7f80?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Olsen (chrisolsen)
on 2008-11-01 23:35
I see that in 1.1.5 you are no longer supposed to use autotest.  Things
are now working using autospec.
7ed559ec7f9fc6a96ddc1690f06e7f80?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Olsen (chrisolsen)
on 2008-11-01 23:38
Chris Olsen wrote:
> I see that in 1.1.5 you are no longer supposed to use autotest.  Things
> are now working using autospec.

I now noticed that what you mentioned in your reply.  I totally missed
that point.

Thanks again David.
5d38ab152e1e3e219512a9859fcd93af?d=identicon&s=25 David Chelimsky (Guest)
on 2008-11-01 23:41
(Received via mailing list)
On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 5:38 PM, Chris Olsen <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:
> Chris Olsen wrote:
>> I see that in 1.1.5 you are no longer supposed to use autotest.  Things
>> are now working using autospec.
>
> I now noticed that what you mentioned in your reply.  I totally missed
> that point.
>
> Thanks again David.

No problem. Glad it wasn't a new bug :)

Cheers,
David
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.