Forum: Ruby on Rails redirecting to an external url

6d465bb8df6bda89904c7aafea0dda6c?d=identicon&s=25 Don French (Guest)
I have an application that needs to redirect to an external url in a
new window directly from the controller. I have not been able to
figure out how. Can someone give me some pointers.

The URL is calculated based upon user input and database columns.

Thanks
Don French
On Oct 30, 7:43 am, Don French <dhf0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an application that needs to redirect to an external url in a
> new window directly from the controller. I have not been able to
> figure out how. Can someone give me some pointers.

You can'thave the redirect do the new window bit - the url the user
clicks on must specify that it opens in a new window. Aside from that
it's just a question of redirect_to "http://www.example.com"

Fred