Forum: Ruby how to set up Epson FX 2175 printer

Dbd8603739074377a06ecf46db2bbcb6?d=identicon&s=25 Dureza Diaz (dureza)
on 2008-10-30 04:45
Hi all..

Good day!!!

I have problem on how to install my Epson FX 2175 printer since the said
model was not in printer configuration box.. is there other way on how
to install it on my fedora core 6...???

Please help!!!

God Bless,

Dianne
666b4e17b4bb0e2d999037a25f65a7cb?d=identicon&s=25 Heesob Park (phasis)

2008/10/30 Dureza Diaz <durezauberita@gmail.com>:
> Hi all..
>
> Good day!!!
>
> I have problem on how to install my Epson FX 2175 printer since the said
> model was not in printer configuration box.. is there other way on how
> to install it on my fedora core 6...???
>
> Please help!!!

Try Omni printer driver( http://omniprint.sourceforge.net/ )
It supports Epson FX 2170.

Regards,

Park Heesob
3cb4fdcf13aad6a7dcae83876b0e784e?d=identicon&s=25 Josef 'Jupp' Schugt (Guest)
On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 04:45:05 +0100, Dureza Diaz
<durezauberita@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have problem on how to install my Epson FX 2175 printer since the said
> model was not in printer configuration box.. is there other way on how
> to install it on my fedora core 6...???

Fedora Core 6 is very outdated as Fedora 10 will come out soon. More
recent Fedora versions may have support for that printer and if you need
an additional RPM package chances are good that Fedora Core 6 is not
supported by it.

Additionally, that kind of request is not very on-topic on this mailing
list. Please consider asking a more Fedora-centric forum next time :)

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
Dbd8603739074377a06ecf46db2bbcb6?d=identicon&s=25 Dureza Diaz (dureza)
on 2008-11-04 01:39
Heesob Park wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2008/10/30 Dureza Diaz <durezauberita@gmail.com>:
>> Hi all..
>>
>> Good day!!!
>>
>> I have problem on how to install my Epson FX 2175 printer since the said
>> model was not in printer configuration box.. is there other way on how
>> to install it on my fedora core 6...???
>>
>> Please help!!!
>>
> Try Omni printer driver( http://omniprint.sourceforge.net/ )
> It supports Epson FX 2170.
>
> Regards,
>
> Park Heesob

Hi! Good day to you Sir Park Heesob, thanks so much for your reply it is
a big help...i also tried to browse http://www.linuxprinting.org/ which
helps me too solving my problem on the said printer.
God Bless!!!

Regards,

Dianne