Forum: GNU Radio How to use GUI with gr.top_block

895162eb8f65673b6eefca9e7e8acf62?d=identicon&s=25 Kaleem Ahmad (kaleem)

I am using RFX2400+USRP+SUSI. I posted this question few days before but
didnt get any reply, I am posting it again with hope that some one will
answer it:

I am extending my main class from gr.top_block and I have noticed that
all
application examples which implement GUI are using
stdgui.gui_flow_graph. I
have tried stdgui.....but in my application that cant be used because I
have
to run parallel/multiple flowgraphs but I want to implement GUI as well.
Can
some one guide me how can integerate GUI with such an application using
gr.top_block, it would be better if one could refer me to some example
code
(which contain top_block and gui).

Best Regards

Kaleem Ahmad

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 05:21:35AM -0700, kaleem ahmad wrote:
> I am extending my main class from gr.top_block and I have noticed that all
> application examples which implement GUI are using stdgui.gui_flow_graph. I
> have tried stdgui.....but in my application that cant be used because I have
> to run parallel/multiple flowgraphs but I want to implement GUI as well. Can
> some one guide me how can integerate GUI with such an application using
> gr.top_block, it would be better if one could refer me to some example code
> (which contain top_block and gui).

If you can use one top_block, you can use one gui_flow_graph. See
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/Tutorials/WritePytho...
to get started.

Otherwise, remember Python's a super-powerful language. Just write your
GUI app
using whatever widgets you like (wx, GTK, QT) and add control for your
top_block(s) otherwise. The stdgui is only a shortcut, albeit a pretty
useful one.

Martin
On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:33:45AM +0100, Martin Braun wrote:
> http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/Tutorials/WritePytho...
> to get started.
>
> Otherwise, remember Python's a super-powerful language. Just write your GUI app
> using whatever widgets you like (wx, GTK, QT) and add control for your
> top_block(s) otherwise. The stdgui is only a shortcut, albeit a pretty
> useful one.
>
> Martin

All true.  In any event, one top block shouldn't really be much of a
limitation.  It can contain multiple disjoint graphs.  See tunnel.py
for an example (w/o GUI) of this.

Eric