Forum: GNU Radio Help! ImportError: cannot import name usrp

Joreen Tan (Guest)

Just started on this project again and faced with this problem with the
gnuradio-3.1.3 version using fedora 9. The error message occured when i
was running gr-utils/src/python/usrp_fft.py

I am logging in as root.

The error reported is as shown:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "usrp_fft.oy, line 24, in <module>
from gnuradio import usrp
ImportError: cannot import name usrp

Your help is much appreciated. =)

Joreen
608a1932c2f2d2525b38bca11bef8aa9?d=identicon&s=25 C.cc J. (cjay)
on 2008-10-28 12:13
Dear jorren

check your python path
your python can not found the module.

In my memory, you can find some discussion here (same error message)

Joreen Tan wrote:
> The error reported is as shown:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "usrp_fft.oy, line 24, in <module>
> from gnuradio import usrp
> ImportError: cannot import name usrp
> Joreen
Joreen Tan (Guest)

my python path is correct but i can't find any past discussions
regarding the same error message on google. May i check where can i find
the past discussions?
Mattias Kjellsson (Guest)

This may be one of the more stupid things I've said here (or any were
else), but shouldn't it be
"usrp_fft.py", and not "usrp_fft.oy"? It seems like an easy typo to
make, and when i do:
"$slocate usrp_fft.oy" nothing shows up, but when i do: "$slocate
usrp_fft.py" a whole bunch of files scattered all over the place shows
up... just a thought...

BR
Mattias
Joreen Tan (Guest)

sorry, it was a typing mistake.

I realised that gr-usrp, usrp and gr-utils weren't configured so was
wondering if that is the main cause of the problem? Cos i checked that
the python path is correct.

Joreen
Patrick Strasser (Guest)
Joreen Tan wrote am 2008-10-28 08:04:
> File "usrp_fft.oy, line 24, in <module>
> from gnuradio import usrp
> ImportError: cannot import name usrp
>
> Your help is much appreciated. =)

Need more Info:
Did you compile by yourself or did you use distribution packages?
What exactly did you do do install GNU Radio?
What was the exact command line you entered to start the program?

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>
Patrick Strasser (Guest)
Joreen Tan wrote am 2008-10-28 18:36:
>>Joreen Tan wrote am 2008-10-28 08:04:

>>> The error reported is as shown:
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> File "usrp_fft.oy, line 24, in <module>
>>> from gnuradio import usrp
>>> ImportError: cannot import name usrp
>>
>> Need more Info:
>> Did you compile by yourself or did you use distribution packages?
>> What exactly did you do do install GNU Radio?
>> What was the exact command line you entered to start the program?

> I downloaded gnuradio-3.1.3, i don't really get what u mean by compile
> by myself or using distribution package.

For some systems, you can install GNU Radio via the package management
systems. On ohters you have to get the sourcecode and compile it by
yourself.

> i did
> ./configure
> make
> make check
> sudo make install
>
> following exactly the same steps that was illustrated in the build
> guide.

Which build guide did you follow?

> didn't know where went wrong but gr-utils, usrp and gr-usrp was
> not configured during the ./configure command.

Have you checked the output of ./configure? Usually failed checks give a
good hint what went wrong.

Did you read the README? Did you go through the instructions at
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/FedoraInstall?

> Please guide me. Thank you so much!

Please help us help you.