Forum: GNU Radio Re: Re: Re: small contract work

8e20d1d43ba6433397284bdb59832c94?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Hi Eric

Per, you suggestion, I am looking at USRP and deciding what equipment to
get.

It seems FM falls in the range of TVRX daughterboard. However it seems
require antenna and there is no antenna listed for this range. Will I
just
be able to plug in a TV antenna for it? Is there an FM receiver code
that
will work if I get Basic RX receiver.

Thanks
Inderaj

On Oct 25, 2008 6:51pm, Eric Blossom <eb@comsec.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 06:37:41PM -0700, inderaj@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hi Eric
>

> > Thanks, I am looking at it now, but I don't have a USRP and this seems
>
> > require it (same with apps/hf_radio)
>

> > I also looked at your article on step by step FM and want to put
together
On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 02:58:18PM -0700, inderaj@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Eric
>
> Per, you suggestion, I am looking at USRP and deciding what equipment to
> get.
>
> It seems FM falls in the range of TVRX daughterboard. However it seems to
> require antenna and there is no antenna listed for this range. Will I
> just be able to plug in a TV antenna for it? Is there an FM receiver code
> that will work if I get Basic RX receiver.

The Basic Rx board is not what you want for this case.  Get the TV RX.

Just pick up a FM dipole antenna (the flexible wire kind) at Radio
Shack or drug store, etc.  You'll also need a 75-ohm-to-300-ohm TV
matching transformer to connect the FM dipole to the F-connector (R/S
15-1253C).  Total cost of both items is about $5.

Eric