Forum: JRuby Re: Logging - Rack

Bfe866459e40cb7392194ab08fcb5dea?d=identicon&s=25 Mike Herrick (mherrick66)
This works ok on Tomcat with JRuby 1.1.3, but doesn't work with 1.1.4. I
tried to test against trunk, but got errors installing gems.

I vaguely remember someone saying that there was an issue with 1.1.4 and
logging, but couldn't find anything.

Here is the error I get:
http://pastie.org/299955

Mike

 > Todd Willey wrote:

Make sure you're not trying to log inside the .war file.  I.E. provide
a full path to a directory on the server, not something internal to
the packaged app, underneath RAILS_ROOT.

-todd[1]

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Mike Herrick <mike@csinitiative...
 > Thanks Todd - that made RSpec happy.
 >
 > I'm not seeing any logging from Tomcat / Rack tho. I'll look into
that.

 > Let me know if you have any ideas on that.
 >
 > Mike
 >
 > Mike Herrick
 > Program Manager, Collaborative Software Initiative
 > mike@csinitiative...
 > http://www.csinitiative.com
 >

 > Todd Willey wrote:
 >>
 >> Move the require to after the require of config/boot.rb, or require
 >> rubygems manually and see if that helps.  I'm not seeing any of the
 >> rubygems require wrappers in that backtrace, which are normally
 >> activated in boot.rb.
 >>
 >> I don't know much about Rails logging, but you may want to define
 >> RAILS_DEFAULT_LOGGER, unless config.logger does it for you.
 >>
 >> -todd[1]
 >>
 >> On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 2:29 AM, Mike Herrick <mike@csinitiative...
 >> wrote:
 >>>
 >>> Hi,
 >>>
 >>> I'm starting to look into improving the logging in our app.
 >>>
 >>> I read about "Logging":
 >>> http://logging.rubyforge.org/
 >>>
 >>> Anyone else using it with JRuby?
 >>>
 >>> I started to configure it and it look promising - although so far
RSpec
 >>> and
 >>> Rack are barfing on it. See details:
 >>> https://trisano.csinitiative.net/wiki/TriSanoLogging
 >>>
 >>> Mike
 >>> --
 >>> Mike Herrick
 >>> Program Manager, Collaborative Software Initiative
 >>> Portland, Or 97258
 >>> http://www.csinitiative.com

 >>>  http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

 >   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email is for sole use of intended
recipient(s).  Unauthorized use is prohibited.

Mike Herrick
Program Manager, Collaborative Software Initiative
mike@csinitiative.com
M: +1 971.340.0302
O: +1 503.295.7970 Extension: 104
F: +1 503.295.7789