Forum: Ruby on Rails typo install problem - what is plug in 'all' ?

2fe28af4f0f189b8f62c801fbb896c92?d=identicon&s=25 Jo Amon (jamon)
on 2008-10-24 22:00
Warning: I am a newbie ROR
I am trying to install the Typo blog s/w. I ahve extracted the zip file
frim RubyForge and am trying to set it up with 'rake'. But I get the
following error message:

C:\ROR\rails_apps\typo1>rake
(in C:/ROR/rails_apps/typo1)
rake aborted!
Cannot find the plugin 'all'!

Any ideas? Its probaly something really stupid as I am only just getting
to grips with this.

The download area also included a gem file - do I need this as well?
On Oct 24, 9:00 pm, "Rubyfo...@amon.co.nz Amon" <rails-mailing-
l...@andreas-s.net> wrote:
> Warning: I am a newbie ROR
> I am trying to install the Typo blog s/w. I ahve extracted the zip file
> frim RubyForge and am trying to set it up with 'rake'. But I get the
> following error message:
>
> C:\ROR\rails_apps\typo1>rake
> (in C:/ROR/rails_apps/typo1)
> rake aborted!
> Cannot find the plugin 'all'!

That sounds like it needs a version of rails newer than the one you've
got. In environment.rb you can explicitly list the plugins you need
loaded (and the order they are loaded in). To make this less tedious
rails 2.0 allowed you to do something like config.plugins =
[:special_plugin, :all] which means 'load special plugin first then
everything else' rather than having to type out all the plugins used.
Earlier versions of rails would think you would meant a plugin
actually called all.

Fred
2fe28af4f0f189b8f62c801fbb896c92?d=identicon&s=25 Jo Amon (jamon)
on 2008-10-24 22:15
Frederick Cheung wrote:
> On Oct 24, 9:00�pm, "Rubyfo...@amon.co.nz Amon" <rails-mailing-
> l...@andreas-s.net> wrote:
>> Warning: I am a newbie ROR
>> I am trying to install the Typo blog s/w. I ahve extracted the zip file
>> frim RubyForge and am trying to set it up with 'rake'. But I get the
>> following error message:
>>
>> C:\ROR\rails_apps\typo1>rake
>> (in C:/ROR/rails_apps/typo1)
>> rake aborted!
>> Cannot find the plugin 'all'!
>
> That sounds like it needs a version of rails newer than the one you've
> got. In environment.rb you can explicitly list the plugins you need
> loaded (and the order they are loaded in). To make this less tedious
> rails 2.0 allowed you to do something like config.plugins =
> [:special_plugin, :all] which means 'load special plugin first then
> everything else' rather than having to type out all the plugins used.
> Earlier versions of rails would think you would meant a plugin
> actually called all.
>
> Fred
Thanks Fred - wow that was quick!
I commented out that plugins line ie.
 # config.plugins = [ 'localization', :all ]
and, yes, the problem went away.

But then the rake failed on a whole bunch of other problems so I figure
this is way beyond me so I'll flag it for now.
Thanks for your help though!

BTW, I do wonder why it is so hard to find info on GEMS - I still don't
know if if need to download the Gem file - the RubyForge download page
is no help. I've Googled it and I have the Agile Web Dev with Rails book
(minimal info re gems there!).
47fad6f70d63c273dc275a550c7305b4?d=identicon&s=25 jeeth.abhi@gmail.com (Guest)