Forum: IronRuby IronRuby Compiles Broken?

F6ae506de87f28214456c4348b039ddd?d=identicon&s=25 Ted Milker (tmilker)
Is the IronRuby tree currently broken for compiles?  I have tried
everything I can think of to get it to build and I just get:

Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 x86 tools.

c:\Users\ted\Desktop\IronRuby>rake compile
(in c:/Users/ted/Desktop/IronRuby)
Read in 17 resources from
"c:\users\ted\desktop\ironruby\src\microsoft.scripting
\math\MathResources.resx"
Writing resource file...  Done.
The command line is too long.
rake aborted!
Command failed with status (1): [csc
/out:"c:\users\ted\desktop\ironruby\bu...]
c:/Users/ted/Desktop/IronRuby/rakefile:284

c:\Users\ted\Desktop\IronRuby>

I am running on Vista Ultimate 64bit with Visual Studio 2008
Professional.  I have tried both the 32bit and 64bit command line
shortcuts and I just cannot get past "The command line is too long."
I cannot even figure out which command line is too long.  I have tried
on two different machines(both Vista Ultimate 64bit) with the same
results.
1e39a948a58f4569c53d971c2e120920?d=identicon&s=25 Ivan Porto carrero (casualjim)
I got the same errors yesterday. I could build it using visual studio
though.
Mine was on vista 32-bit in both powershell and command
F6ae506de87f28214456c4348b039ddd?d=identicon&s=25 Ted Milker (tmilker)
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Ivan Porto Carrero
<ivan@flanders.co.nz> wrote:
> I got the same errors yesterday. I could build it using visual studio
> though.
> Mine was on vista 32-bit in both powershell and command

Wow, I sure was overlooking the obvious.  I have been fighting this
since the weekend, trying to figure out what was wrong.  I was reading
your book and have been trying to build with your instructions in the
first chapter and I totally missed the solution file.
1e39a948a58f4569c53d971c2e120920?d=identicon&s=25 Ivan Porto carrero (casualjim)
Great to hear somebody is reading it :)

Thanks I'll add it to the first chapter that you can also build it using
visual studio. I guess by the time ironruby releases I'll just replace
that
section with a how to download the binaries ;)