Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 [Your help wanted!] tell me about your application(s) using Ruby-GNOME2!

C838db9af1d90a87a828ecad8556b804?d=identicon&s=25 Guillaume Cottenceau (Guest)
I've created a new page on website to list applications using
Ruby-GNOME2. I think it can improve the knowledge of the public about
your applications, and help the Ruby-GNOME2 project to become more
credible because visitors will see that actual applications do use
Ruby-GNOME2.

http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Applications

If you are the author of application(s) using Ruby-GNOME2 (any of rg2
subbindings, actually) please send me the name of your application(s)
followed by a short explanation of your application and a link to the
website of your application. Something looking like:

-=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=--
* booh

Booh is a free software static Web-Album generator for Linux. It takes
series of photos and videos, and automatically build static web pages
to browse them.

http://booh.org/
Nice initiative Guillaume.

Fantasdic is a versatile multi-platform dictionary application which
allows you to look up words in a variety of dictionary sources.

http://www.gnome.org/projects/fantasdic/

Mathieu

2008/10/23 Guillaume Cottenceau <gcottenc@gmail.com>:
A619679c60eefc16929855b16c030497?d=identicon&s=25 Ian McIntosh (Guest)
All of the apps here are FOSS and use Ruby-GNOME2:

http://gnomecoder.wordpress.com/amigo/
http://gnomecoder.wordpress.com/chessclock/
http://gnomecoder.wordpress.com/screenruler/
http://gnomecoder.wordpress.com/luz/

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Guillaume Cottenceau
This is a great idea, I see this as an additional way to "collect"
useful ruby-gnome apps. From the list posted above I actually knew 0
projects :-)

In <dc3bf8580810230747i73e5a4a4lb22200f6e078a3ae@mail.gmail.com>
  "[ruby-gnome2-devel-en] [Your help wanted!] tell me about your
application(s) using Ruby-GNOME2!" on Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:47:13 +0200,
  "Guillaume Cottenceau" <gcottenc@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you are the author of application(s) using Ruby-GNOME2 (any of rg2
> subbindings, actually) please send me the name of your application(s)
> followed by a short explanation of your application and a link to the
> website of your application. Something looking like:

-=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=--
* Rabbit

Rabbit is a presentation software. It accepts RD, Wiki
format text and PDF as input and shows the input with smart
user interface.

http://www.cozmixng.org/~rwiki/?cmd=view;name=Rabbit

Here are the two apps I've released in the last years. Thanks for the
idea and keep up the good work.

================
Duby

Duby is a space explorer, a disk scanner to show why your newly bought
huge hard disk is already full. You never suspected your music folder
to be that big.

Duby helps you find what takes the most space on your disk, visually,
with a nice representation of your space as a pie, with files and
directories acting as slices of that pie. The bigger the slice is, the
bigger the file is.

http://duby.rubyforge.org

================
rubyroom

Rubyroom is a full-screen text editor. Full screen gives you a
complete workspace for your text, and nothing else. No IM windows
popping up, no more "you got mail" small animations on the background
that take away your concentration.

http://rubyroom.rubyforge.org
I'm working on a Japanese learning aid called
JLDrill.  I actually haven't released anything for
a year, but I've been actively working on it.
I wanted to have released the latest version by
now, but I've been swamped at work.  However,
the release is imminent (i.e., I just have to find
enough time to upload it).

Features of the new version include spaced
repetition algorithm, dictionary (Edict) cross
reference, indicators for certain parts of
speech, JLPT4 - JLPT1 vocabulary quizes,
kana quizes, start of a grammar quiz based
on Tae Kim's guide to Japanese grammar,
Rikai-chan like kanji popup information including
stroke order diagrams.

The page is jldrill.rubyforge.org, but it's ancient
right now.  I'll hopefully get a release done
in the next few days if I can get away from
work and social commitments for a couple of
hours.

             MikeC
A7cffc55b637324cde403276be979223?d=identicon&s=25 Nicholas Rahn (Guest)
* Grism

Grism is an open source stock market observation tool. It allows you to
easily track the evolution of stock prices through watchlists,
portfolios
and charts.

http://www.grism.org

Cheers,
Nick
3f98c2813f9b55c867d044e7e030c222?d=identicon&s=25 Antono Vasiljev (Guest)
On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 16:47 +0200, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
> I've created a new page on website to list applications using
> Ruby-GNOME2. I think it can improve the knowledge of the public about
> your applications, and help the Ruby-GNOME2 project to become more
> credible because visitors will see that actual applications do use
> Ruby-GNOME2.
>
> http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Applications

Ruby Debuggers!
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rudebug/
http://rubyforge.org/projects/mr-guid/

http://alexandria.rubyforge.org/  - Book collection manager
http://rubyforge.org/projects/redcar/ (IDE+vala->ruby bindings
generator)
http://rubyroom.rubyforge.org/ Text Editor
http://rubyforge.org/projects/gnms/ Network managment
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rrename/
http://rubyforge.org/projects/sudoku-gtk/
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rsqlitegui/ Sqlite GUI
http://rubyforge.org/projects/qemu-supervisor/ Qemu GUI
http://duby.rubyforge.org/  - Disk space usage viever
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?cmd=vie... (ri doc
browser)

Intersting but not yet writtn:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/gtkri/
C838db9af1d90a87a828ecad8556b804?d=identicon&s=25 Guillaume Cottenceau (Guest)
please provide only information for your own applications, and in the
format I've asked for. thanks!

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Antono Vasiljev
<antono.vasiljev@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://rubyforge.org/projects/sudoku-gtk/

Guillaume Cottenceau - http://zarb.org/~gc/
0158871402c1ecfa57952e8a379cfd10?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel Lucraft (lucraft)
* Redcar

Redcar is an open source textmate-compatible Ruby IDE for Gnome.
NOT YET RELEASED! Early days yet.

http://www.redcaride.com

-=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=--

* Valar

Automatically generate Ruby bindings for Vala code.

http://github.com/danlucraft/valar/tree/master

hi,
i'm looking always for a better development environment, i took a look
at rob, it wasn't stable enough.
so i stuck at gedit.
is redcar better then gedit for ruby development?

thanks in advice,
balint
C4a836af7263f84a4f7cc91ed6f3ae77?d=identicon&s=25 Vincent Carmona (vinc-mai)
on 2009-01-30 21:07
Hi.
I am currently writting an audio player (my first application).

-=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=--
* ZiK

ZiK is an audio player based on gstreamer. ZiK does not used a music
library instead it relies on audio files path. ZiK is still in
developpement. The code is based on ruby/gtk2 and ruby/gst bindings.

http://zik.rubyforge.org/
looks like i haven't found yet a name and category for it :)
2009/1/30 Dobai-Pataky Bálint <dpblnt@gmail.com>:
> hi,
> i'm looking always for a better development environment, i took a look at
> rob, it wasn't stable enough.
> so i stuck at gedit.
> is redcar better then gedit for ruby development?

Not yet. But soon. :)

Best,
Dan
8e6374c0ef7b66942f34798e31edf014?d=identicon&s=25 Dobai-Pataky Bálint (Guest)

I released a new project:
name: Tactical Fighter
taking down the enemy fighters
link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tacticalfighter/

Please include it on the page,
Thanks
Balint

--
Dobai-Pataky Balint
C838db9af1d90a87a828ecad8556b804?d=identicon&s=25 Guillaume Cottenceau (Guest)
Thanks!

Tried to save that, was greated with "Input is treated as SPAM.".

Maybe Kou can move content from spam into production.