Forum: Ruby on Rails Running Multiple Rails Apps in Developer Machine

8a2cd6e09f7f0dc8f903dcef0ab197e5?d=identicon&s=25 Rock Roll (rocknrollcar)
on 2008-10-22 15:32
Hi. I use a Windows XP system for development. Suppose i am doing a
project in Rails. I am having another application in Rails which is used
to create and view code snippets so that i can copy paste in my other
projects later. Now i need the code snippets application to be running
in background in another port say 3005 so that i can access the code
snippets application while i am developing the project. Is there any way
to do this?

Thank you
D188e591eac11021329b8821a5f954c7?d=identicon&s=25 Ar Chron (railsdog)
on 2008-10-22 15:36
Rock Roll wrote:
> Now i need the code snippets application to be running
> in background in another port say 3005 so that i can access the code
> snippets application while i am developing the project. Is there any way
> to do this?
>
> Thank you

ruby script/server -p 3005
8a2cd6e09f7f0dc8f903dcef0ab197e5?d=identicon&s=25 Rock Roll (rocknrollcar)
on 2008-10-22 16:51
Ar Chron wrote:

> ruby script/server -p 3005

Thank you. But can this server made to run at computer startup itself?
D188e591eac11021329b8821a5f954c7?d=identicon&s=25 Ar Chron (railsdog)
on 2008-10-22 17:50
Rock Roll wrote:
> Ar Chron wrote:
>
>> ruby script/server -p 3005
>
> Thank you. But can this server made to run at computer startup itself?

You can run a mongrel_service and configure it to start at startup...

http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/wiki/Win32
8a2cd6e09f7f0dc8f903dcef0ab197e5?d=identicon&s=25 Rock Roll (rocknrollcar)
on 2008-10-22 17:54
Ar Chron wrote:

> You can run a mongrel_service and configure it to start at startup...
>
> http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/wiki/Win32

Thank you. I will try this out