Forum: Ruby on Rails RoR on Vista 64bit

0964ce57bab3b3c1c7adf651d4a5a2a4?d=identicon&s=25 Christoph Thommen (sigma)
Hi all

I've got my development-environment on a vista Notebook. Now I'd like
to switch to 64bit Vista because of the bad RAM-Support of the 32bit
Vista.
My question:
Is RoR running on vista 64bit?

Thanks for your answers!

Regards
Christoph
F193e52d0a812b1429d51412bee21cdc?d=identicon&s=25 gundestrup@gmail.com (Guest)
Vista64 bit, can run 32bit programs.
So there should not be any problems.
But last time I tried Vista64 and RoR, it was very slow, when starting
my app.

regards
svend
F0dd48b0d65fb23e2a3a4d22bde87705?d=identicon&s=25 Matt Stone1 (mattstone)
on 2008-10-23 15:03
Hi there.

I had absolutely no problems.

I just installed exactly what I had running on the 32bit version & all
went smoothly.

rgds.
- matt.

Christoph Thommen wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've got my development-environment on a vista Notebook. Now I'd like
> to switch to 64bit Vista because of the bad RAM-Support of the 32bit
> Vista.
> My question:
> Is RoR running on vista 64bit?
>
> Thanks for your answers!
>
> Regards
> Christoph
36f02ca8773a0bdc3f2d90a932c1b8b3?d=identicon&s=25 KathysKode@gmail.com (Guest)
Matt,
Once in awhile when I'm feeling 'sassy' I write a rebutal to the many
posts bashing Windows and proponing Apple.
I'm not a Bill Gates disciple but don't want to pay the 'Apple Tax'
for my computer.
Kathleen

On Oct 23, 7:03 am, Matt Stone1 <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>