Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails + Mongrel - autorestart on segmentation fault crash

30301be8c26081e1a710582237df639a?d=identicon&s=25 sjdale (Guest)
Anyone know of a way to auto-restart Mongrel on a crash, Windows
environment ?

We're getting a seg fault error, so until we figure this out is there
a polling script or something to run to monitor and restart if it's
down?

Thanks
-S
9b4c04c050122bcea16a6f3376d680fa?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel Bush (danb)
On Oct 22, 11:16 am, sjdale <sd...@usedcisco.com> wrote:
> Anyone know of a way to auto-restart Mongrel on a crash, Windows
> environment ?
>
> We're getting a seg fault error, so until we figure this out is there

You're not using ruby 1.8.6 p230 are you?  I haven't used ruby on
windows, but in linux, this was a bad release.  Mongrel segfaulted
after the second request on one of my apps.  If your ruby was updated
a little earlier this year you may have picked up one of these bad
versions.

--
Daniel Bush