Forum: wxRuby LC_VIRTUAL with Wx::ListCtrl

808859d21eaeec75c485756b6bc7d0b9?d=identicon&s=25 Eric Will (Guest)
Wx::ListCtrl#set_item_count appears to be broken. If I pass it
anything but a Fixnum (is_a Integer), it crashes and says it needs a
"long" (which Fixnum should appease), but if I pass it a Fixnum it
crashes with "cannot convert nil into String."

Latest WxRuby. Windows Vista.

This makes using LC_VIRTUAL impossible.

-- Eric Will // xmpp:rakaur@malkier.net
On Oct 20, 2008, at 8:59 AM, Eric Will wrote:

> Wx::ListCtrl#set_item_count appears to be broken. If I pass it
> anything but a Fixnum (is_a Integer), it crashes and says it needs a
> "long" (which Fixnum should appease), but if I pass it a Fixnum it
> crashes with "cannot convert nil into String."

Never mind. My on_get_item_text method wasn't returning a string, and
this was the useless error that Ruby gives me thanks to Ruby's useless
threads.