Forum: Ruby ApressDailyDeal - Practical Rails Plugins

2cdc9345498c6ef53da4cb8480975bab?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Schoolcraft (Guest)
Apress has a daily ebook deal where they discount a single ebook for 24
hours to $10.  Recently they've been a bunch of older books, today's is
actually relevant and quite new:

Practical Rails Plugins (http://rubyurl.com/6iHZ)

I'm not associated with Apress, just passing along the information.
They
don't have RSS for daily deals so I whipped up a twitterbot with ruby a
while ago, follow it here: http://twitter.com/apressdailydeal
134ea397777886d6f0aa992672a50eaa?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Thomas (Guest)
On Oct 20, 8:39 am, Jeff Schoolcraft <jeffrey.schoolcr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Apress has a daily ebook deal where they discount a single ebook for 24
> hours to $10.  Recently they've been a bunch of older books, today's is
> actually relevant and quite new:
>
> Practical Rails Plugins (http://rubyurl.com/6iHZ)
>
> I'm not associated with Apress, just passing along the information.

Thanks Jeff. While I generally don't go for PDF ebooks (I think they
have inherently less value due to restrictive licensing--you're not
allowed to lend them to a friend, etc.), the price was right on this
one. Good stuff.

> don't have RSS for daily deals so I whipped up a twitterbot with ruby a
> while ago, follow it here:http://twitter.com/apressdailydeal

Nifty. I didn't know about the apress daily deal. Thanks.

-- Mark.