Forum: wxRuby FW: BoolEditor and renderer in Grid

2f0d526583d1023491ced224f895070e?d=identicon&s=25 Irlweg, Franz (ZNT) (Guest)
Hello togheter,

I'm using the Wx::Grid, with GridTableBase. (wxruby 1.9.5 and wxruby
1.9.8)

The GridCellBoolEditor  and GridCellBoolRenderer doesn't work. How can I
solve the problem?

I have atached a file with an example.

Best regards,
Franz

use, dissemination, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at
once so This communication and any files or attachments transmitted with
it may contain information that is copyrighted or confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for
the use of the individual or the entity to which it is addressed.
that we may take the appropriate action and avoid troubling you further.
Thank you for your cooperation. Please contact your local IT staff or
email info@siltronic.com if you need assistance.

Siltronic AG, Sitz Muenchen, Hanns-Seidel-Platz 4, 81737 Muenchen,
Germany. Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 150884
Vorstand: Wilhelm Sittenthaler (Vorsitz), Gerhard Brehm, Paul Lindblad,
Joachim Manke, Michael Peterat. Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Rudolf
Staudigl
Irlweg, Franz (ZNT) wrote:
> I'm using the Wx::Grid, with GridTableBase. (wxruby 1.9.5 and wxruby
> 1.9.8)
>
> The GridCellBoolEditor  and GridCellBoolRenderer doesn't work. How can I
> solve the problem

Thank you for the report and example. It's a known bug:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail...

I'm afraid I don't know how to solve this one. I think I know what the
problem is - ruby's garbage collection is destroying the Attr object
while it's still needed.

Technically, there may be some clever fix possible by having the wrapper
DISOWN the return value from GridTableBase so that memory management is
passed back to Wx, but I'm not sure how to appraoch this.

Is it all possible to use a normal Grid in your case, without
GridTableBase?

alex